In order to get started with investing in the Nairobi Securities Exchange, one needs a Central Depository System (CDS) Account. This is what one uses as their trading account. This account is opened with the Central Depository and Settlement Corporation (CDSC) which is the provider of clearing and settlement services in the Kenya Capital Markets.
The opening of a CDS account can be facilitated by Dyer & Blair Investment Bank who is a Central Depository Agent appointed by CDSC. In order to open an account, one needs the following documents;
For individual or joint account:
- Filled CDS 1 Form
- ID / Passport copy
- 2 color passport size photos
- Evidence of physical address (utility bill, lease or tenancy agreement)
- Evidence of income (3 months bank statement or pay slip)
For a corporation:
- Signed and sealed CDS 1
- 2 color passport sized photos, ID copies and utility bills of each director and signatory if any
- Board resolution on approval of account opening including account signatories
- Memorandum and articles of association
- Certificate of incorporation
- Company KRA PIN certificate
- Evidence of physical residence (utility bill, lease or tenancy agreement)
- Evidence of income of the business (bank statement)
*The originals of the above documents need to be certified by a commissioner of oaths/advocate and Foreign documents to be notarized by a notary public.
After opening a CDS account with Dyer & Blair Investment Bank, top up your local account through these methods and select your preferred stocks through the Online Share Trading platform on desktop or through the Dyer & Blair Edge Mobile App available on Google Playstore for Android devices and Appstore for iOS devices
In case of any enquiry, do not hesitate to Contact us.